Cellular router SPECTRE v3 LTE is designed for wireless communication in mobile networks that make use of LTE, HSPA+, UMTS, EDGE or GPRS technology. Due to the high speed of data transfer up to 100 Mbit/s (download) and up to 50 Mbit/s (upload) is this router an ideal solution for wireless connection of traffic and security camera systems, individual computers, LAN networks, automatic teller machines (ATM) and other self-service terminals.
As a standard, cellular router is equipped with two Ethernet 10/100, one USB 2.0 Host port, two binary inputs and one output (I/O connector). The device also has two readers for 3 V and 1.8 V SIM cards, which are placed on the rear panel of the router. An integral part of the router is also a memory card reader. This reader allows SPECTRE v3 LTE to operate with microSD cards and increase storage space of the router up to 64 GB (32 GB in case of SDHC cards). The router can be equipped with WiFi module and PoE PD, PoE PSE on customer’s request, however it is not possible to add it to the router at some time in the future. Richer range of interfaces is available in versions containing one of these ports: SWITCH, RS232, RS485/RS232, RS232/RS485 + ETH. These are three switched Ethernets, serial interface RS232 and combination of serial interface RS485 and RS232. New version of interface is RS232/RS485 + ETH (Isolation strength of Ethernet (ETH2) and RS232, RS485 ports is up to 2.5 kV.). SPECTRE v3 LTE is supplied either in a plastic or metal casing, based on the requirements of the customer.
Advantages in relation to v2 concept
The most considerable progress for a new generation of routers is four times more powerful CPU providing significantly higher throughput and faster encryption. The router can also boast substantially larger memory – 512 MB RAM and 256 MB flash. As already mentioned above, the storage space can be further increased using a memory card. New LTE chipset is also worthy of notice, because it works better with current LTE networks. Furthermore, new chipset has an impact on higher vibration immunity and allows to extend the temperature range in which the router can operate.
Configuration and diagnostics
For configuration of the cellular router is available web interface protected by password. Web interface provides (after logging in) detailed statistics about the router activities, signal strength, detailed system log etc. This device supports the creation of VPN tunnels using technologies IPSec, OpenVPN and L2TP for secure communications. There are also supported functions such as DHCP, NAT, NAT-T, DynDNS, NTP, VRRP, control by SMS, backup primary connection and many other functions. Other diagnostic functions ensuring continuous communication include automatic inspection of mobile WAN offering an automatic restart feature in case of connection is lost, or hardware watchdog which monitors the status of the router. Using a special window (start up script window) you may insert Linux scripts for various actions. For some applications is the key possibility to create several different configurations for one router which can be switched as needed (e.g. using SMS or status of the binary input). Cellular routers may automatically update configuration and firmware from server. This allows mass reconfiguration of many routers in one time. For easy use – additional software is provided – communication VPN server SmartCluster and software for router monitoring R-SeeNet.
- Built on Cortex A8 CPU with 256 MB flash memory and 512 MB RAM.
- 2x independent Ethernet 100 Mbps
- 1x USB 2.0 Host
- PoE PD, PoE PSE
- Two SIM card holders on the rear side of the router (given DIN holder on back side).
- On board MicroSD card holder
- 1x I/O – 2x opto coupled Binary Input, 1x opto coupled Binary Output
- One expansion port: serial interface RS232; serial interface RS232 + RS485/422, both galvanic separated; ETH3 – 3 x switched Ethernets (in total 3 independent ETH networks: 1 + 1 + 3 switched Ethernets), serial interface RS232/RS485 + ETH (Isolation strength of Ethernet (ETH2) and RS232, RS485 ports is up to 2.5 kV.)
- Input voltage range is from 10 Vdc to 60 Vdc
- Power section includes protection against over voltage, because of E8 certification
- Low power ready
- Extended operational temperature range from -40°C to +75°C
- Optional On board Wi-Fi module. 802.11 b/g/n with AP/STA
- An additional 3G/4G/CDMA module board (two independent cell modules with variable EDGE/HSPA+/LTE/CDMA technologies) – in BIVIAS version
- Firmware v2 compatible, Python support (without SDK)
- Information about the level of GSM signal, detailed event history log, etc.
- Easy firmware update
- Compact dimensions, all necessary ports, LED, antenna connectors in the front of the router and option to be attached to a DIN bar
- Dimension / Weight: SL version – 55x97x113mm / 290g, Plastic version – 55x97x125mm / 280g
- FTP server, option to create user applications
- Firmware version 5.3.6 (11 006 kB, ZIP) * (file is available after logging in)
- Start guide 2015-09-23 (348 kB, PDF)
- User's Manual 2016-03-11 (9 125 kB, PDF) * (file is available after logging in)
- Configuration Manual for v3 Routers 2016-05-03 (7 964 kB, PDF) * (file is available after logging in)
* These files are only available to registered users. Login or register.Additional:
- Additional SW R-SeeNet + manual – here